My 2012 Recruitment Predictions
10. Mobile is the new social, in that the less people there are that know about it, the more money there is for the people that do.
9. The generalist job boards continue the game of “whos is biggest” with their UU numbers, even investing in the holy grail of candidate acquisition, TV advertising, painfully unaware that the last thing employers want, is more applications.
8. The HR mouth pieces of the industry will continue to blog the death of the rec cons with one hand while the other hand signs off a check to S3 for a £2m retainer.
7. There will be more events for HR professionals than there are HR professionals, resulting in ultra hyper niche conferences with 7 suppliers, thinly vailed as speakers, presenting to 1 very scared HR manager. Whoevers stupid enough I be in the HR events business this year deserves everything they get. **As he cries on the keyboard**
6. Job boards will continue to lose jobs, application tracking systems will continue to lose applications and anything “social”will continue to loss money.
5. Corporate career sites become so self indulgent you have to complete 3 levels of Super Mario Brothers before a twitter based group video interview whereafter your rejection letter will be posted to your Facebook wall.
4. The ad agencies will continue to merge until there is only one;
3. LinkedIn will continue to eat everyone’s lunch with a sales force that rivals the Chinese Army.
2. The recruitment section of all print titles will do a great impression of an anorexic teenage girl in denial; telling you they’ve never been better while they get thinner and thinner until they disappear.
1. And as always, not one 2012 prediction blog will come anywhere close to predicting what actually happens!
NOTE: This was just for fun, don’t get your knickers in a twist. The one prediction that will come true is that most of you take this shit far to seriously!